Happy Easter all.
The ten mile race yesterday? It didn’t go well for me. Missed my target time by quite a bit. It was just one of those days when the spirit was willing but the body was weak and the heat was hot!
Still, the weather was lovely, the atmosphere was friendly and the scenery was awesome (the hot blonde in front). It was a good day, all things considered. I still got that familiar happy feeling afterwards. The “hit” that makes it all worthwhile.
In this post I simply want to say thanks to Ana of http://analindenblog.wordpress.com/ for reawarding me with the Liebster badge. She loves the sea, Gone with the wind, and writing novels.
I also want to thank Liz who is busy over at her allotment on http://lizard100blog.wordpress.com/ for awarding me with the Sunshine badge. She is probably the only person in Holland, the land of bicycles, who hasn’t yet learned how to ride. But she can dive underwater to a depth over 100 metres.
I will concentrate this post on the Sunshine award as it is the first time I’ve received this honour.
I have to share ten random facts about myself. This will be tough because I feel I have shared all the random things already.
1. I believe that no human has ever landed on the moon.
2. I can’t cook…at all. Beans on toast is as good as it gets. Thank God for wives.
3. I am a bad passenger in a car even though I spent some time as a rally driver.
4. I hope I am not tempting fate but I had a feeling all my life (even as a child) that I would not be buried in a grave when I die.
5. I didn’t believe in shape-shifters until I discovered the Cuttlefish.
6. I think the most amazing discovery/invention was invisible sound frequencies/the wireless radio.
7. Sometimes I pray a rosary while I drive if there is nothing interesting on the radio. Just for practice when I’m older.
8. I am afraid of heights.
9. I like the taste of beer and would happily drink every night if I was allowed.
10. When my wife says “Jump!” I ask “How high?”
I now have to nominate a few bloggers who bring Sunshine with their blogs.
Thanks again to Liz and Ana. It made my weekend.